This thick yet refreshing sweet and savoury broth will quench your thirst and keep you warm.
Recipe by Chun Lau, general manager at Kin’s Kitchen
*Featured in Crave’s Issue 91, February/March 2018
PREP & COOK TIME
20 minutes; 2.5 hours
180g chestnuts, de-shelled
30g Chinese pearl barley
60g dried oysters
900g pork breast bone
1. Prepare the pork-breast bone
- In a pot, blanch pork-breast bone by submerging it in room-temperature water and bringing it to the boil over low heat. Remove the bone from the water and set aside.
2. Prepare the other soup ingredients
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into rectangles. Soak the dried oysters for 10 minutes and rinse. Peel carrots and cut into big chunks.
3. Make the soup
- Place all ingredients in the pork bone broth on high heat and bring to the boil. Cook over high heat for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for another two hours.